By Loretta L. Worters, Vice President, Media Relations, Triple-I
The Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation (IICF)) will host your Inclusion in the Global Insurance Conference From June 13 to 15 at the Hilton Midtown in New York.
The first in-person international event in the conference series since the 2019 Global Women in Insurance Conference, it will bring together hundreds of insurance professionals, C-suite executives, and leadership and diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) experts, along with with sustainability, wellness and business leaders in sessions dedicated to putting ideas into action and providing actionable insights and strategies.
What makes any conference strong is the quality of the content and its speakers. The IICF planning committee, which changes from year to year, is made up of industry professionals who are closest to the issues of the day, representing all areas of the US and UK in planning. It is an industry working together that makes this conference particularly powerful.
This year’s conference will feature emerging topics in leadership, personal and professional growth, the business of insurance and the future of work.
Leadership topics include:
- personal financewith jean chatzky — Financial editor for the Today Show for 25 years and founder and CEO of HerMoney.com and the FinanceFixx and InvestingFixx training programs;
- Building the public voice of womenwith emily donahoe, founder/director, WOMENSPEAK Training; and
- Navigating Intergenerational Differenceswith chris desantisauthor, speaker, and podcast host for Cubicle Confidential.
Industry topics include:
- Attracting Customers to the Insurance Offer (In an Inclusive Way)with claire burns of Hartford.
Inclusion topics include:
- Changing the conversation about bias, discrimination, and privilege using brain science, with the best-selling author and speaker eric bailey; and
- Change the workplace foreverwith diversity speaker, author and consultant michelle silverthorn.
Other speakers include:
- Carmen Duarte, Vice President, Diversity, Inclusion and Social Impact, Intact Insurance Specialty Solutions; and
“IICF is delighted to welcome such an accomplished field of speakers for the eleventh year of what was formerly known as the IICF Women in Insurance Lecture Series,” said Elizabeth Myatt, vice president, program director and chief executive officer. IICF North East Division. . “This event serves as a powerful catalyst for our industry as we bring together insurance professionals of all ages and career stages to discuss, learn, and drive critical strategies.”
Myatt, who has directed the conference since its inception, noted that it is his favorite part of the job. “It has been wonderful to see the evolution of the lecture series,” she said. “It’s not just about a gender focus – it’s about all kinds of diversity and leadership and innovation and it’s the business of the industry itself that has made it so valuable and meaningful to attendees.”
Myatt recognizes the importance of promoting DEI, which must be embedded in everything in the business, and everyone must see the shared value. She said a congressional report this year detailed some of the ways the insurance industry has had an impact.
“There has been progress in gender diversity and for African Americans, although we have not made as much progress within the Hispanic community as we would like,” he said. “Through our conferences and the IDEA Councilthe development of the IICF Talent Center – an online resource center for non-traditional job seekers to learn about jobs and career opportunities in the insurance industry – and the Mentoring Alliance, which will groom, inspire and empower diverse talent by pairing them with role models and company partners leaders throughout the industry. We are starting to see results.”
The theme of the last four years of the world conference has been turning ideas into action, Myatt said.
“We want to provide tools as well as new ideas. We don’t want the ideas that are shared here to stay in the room,” she said. “We plan to arm our audience with ways to create change, whether it be personal, professional or cultural.”
To register for the conference, go to: https://inclusion.iicf.org/.