Friday, May 5, 2023
Fiscal Policy in the Biden Administration
- Institute of Tax and Economic Policy, Expanding Temporary Provisions of the 2017 Trump Tax Act: National and State-by-State Estimates
- law360, New York’s telecommuting tax precedent should be removed, ALJ said
- national Review, Democrats’ tax problem
- New York Times, A toast to increased alcohol taxes
- New York Times, Drip in tax revenue complicates debt limit talks
- New York Times op-ed (Brendan Ballou), Private equity is gutting America and getting away with it
- Gerard Scorse, The theft of 75 years of joint tax returns
- Tax Foundation, Carbon taxes in theory and practice
- Tax Foundation, Do excise taxes do a better job of taxing criminals?
- TaxVox, House Republican plan to repeal IRA incentives would raise taxes for households, skewed toward high-income earners
- TaxVox, House Republicans reconsider tax hikes, at least for a minute
- TaxVox, To electric bike or not to electric bike? Should it be a tax issue?
- Wall Street Journal, ‘Double tax’ hinders Taiwan investment in US factories
- Wall Street Journal, The Republicans did indeed vote to raise taxes. They are fine with that.
- Wall Street Journal op-ed (Fabien Lehagre), The land of the free won’t leave me alone
- Washington Post, Get taxes right or clean hydrogen will be a bigger waste than biofuels