Wednesday, May 3, 2023
What’s Causing the 3+ Week Lag in US News Law School Rankings?
Following up on my previous posts:
Mike Spivey has a interesting theory Reason for Lagging Law School Rankings:
Another *possible* theory behind the USNWR law/medical rankings lag: the peer review voting was botched somehow by excluding non-participating schools. It might explain why medicine and law were delayed, as both have assessment scores that *should* be excluded for non-participants.
For other possible reasons for the delay, please see here.
Previous TaxProf blog coverage:
- US Press Releases 2024 Law School Rankings Preview: Top 14 and New Methodology (April 11, 2023)
- Will law schools with strong fiscal programs get a boost in the 2024 US news rankings? (April 11, 2023)
- Will US news refuse to count the votes of deans, professors, lawyers and judges to boycott law schools in the reputation metric in the 2024 rankings? (April 12, 2023)
- US News delays publication of law school rankings by a week due to “unprecedented amount of inquiries from schools.” Is the bar data to blame? (April 14, 2023)
- The US News Law School Rankings: Say Hello to the New T14 (April 15, 2023)
- What’s Behind the Delay in US News’ Law School Rankings Release? (April 18, 2023)
- US News delays publication of law school rankings again due to ‘unprecedented number of inquiries’, including from schools that are apparently boycotting the rankings (April 19, 2023)
- US News indefinitely postpones rankings for law and medical schools amid backlash (April 21, 2023)
- NY Times: Schadenfreude Rankings: Elite Law Schools Boycotted US News, But Now They May Be Paying a Price (April 22, 2023)
- Muller: Some law schools don’t understand US news classifications, partly due to opaque methodology (April 24, 2023)