Many of us say that we don’t care how long we live, we just live well as long as we’re around. But the two are intertwined. Those of us who are healthy and feeling well are likely to live longer.
So how do we stay healthy? I wish I had the answer. There is probably not just one thing, but rather a bundle of habits and activities that together help us get out of bed in the morning and keep us moving and alive.
Here are some ideas. . . And how am I up to it? How do you measure yourself? More importantly, do you have any other suggestions? Because I’m always looking for suggestions on how to feel healthier and have a better attitude.
1. Get a good night’s sleep. Eight hours are recommended. Check . . . I sleep well.
2. Eat three healthy meals a day. I start eating breakfast around 7:30 and usually stretch it out until noon. Is it one meal or two? We then had dinner around 6:30. Every once in a while I eat a snack which, um, sometimes includes chips.
3. Eat a lot of fish, not too much meat. Check.
4. Don’t eat too many carbs. Unfortunately, I live on carbs.
5. Exercise regularly. I exercise on an irregular basis. I should do more.
|Can you touch your toes?|
6. Drink lots of water. I should drink more.
7. Don’t smoke or drink too much alcohol. I haven’t done that in years.
8. Have a positive attitude. Most of the time.
9. Have a good intimate relationship with another person. Yes.
10. Laugh a lot. No problem, I laugh at my own jokes!
11. Cultivate some good friends. I don’t have very good friends. I have several groups of casual friends.
12 Have a purpose in life. Sometimes I think so; Sometimes I wonder.
13. Have good genes. My mother lived to be 89, my father to 91. That’s pretty good. But not as good as B. Her mother lived to be 103 years old.
14. Avoid negative and toxic people. But what if they are part of the family?
15. Get your regular medical checkups. Yyeah, i do that. . . and, with all the vaccinations, having a sore arm to prove it.
Now is your turn. Any confession? Any suggestions? Thanks!
Leave a Reply